Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganjass

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
GB
CE10

SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2) error again

Hi All,

I'm getting this error message sporadically with a number of reports being scheduled through job servers to SMTP. It's was not an issue for a while, but then it rears its ugly head.

We use a netware server for the SMTP, and according to our network guy, its totally fine.

I'm using port 25 and was not using using IP for the host name on the jobservers, i've since swapped this over to use IP's to see if it clears this up as i see a guy did this in a business objects discussion board. I've installed all the lastest packs and monthly hot fixes.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Network guys like to say things like that.

Check the Event Log/Viewer of the CE server to see what sorts of errors are being generated, you may find that there are many more than this.

I've had similar errors on CE, and they always mysteriously disappear, which I always assume means that it was the fine network.

-k

If your still in trouble check your anti virus for restrictions on port 25. you can then add the jobserverchild.exe procee to a list of exceptions that allowed to send out messages on this port.

Crystal Reports 9
Crystal Enterprise 10
Oracle 8.1 (ODBC and native Oracle connection depending on database)
Windows 2000 (Both Desktop and Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back