Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comptek4

MIS
Jun 17, 2003
US
I cannot seem to resolve this problem

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<mail.xxx.xxxxxx.xxx #5.5.0 smtp;550 Address &quot;comptek4@xxx.xxxxxx.xxx&quot; assumed to be invalid - Impossible to verify>

Have you tried to do a smtpreinstal from SP3?

HAve you tried to Telnet port 25 on that server?

I havent tried reinstalling SMTP from SP3 that I am aware of. I can send mail to them if I connect via telnet. The mail is accepted and deliverd.

So far no luck. I did get some more info. Come to find out that the mail server is not accepting domain litterals. Here is the error below. Not sure why

WARN: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail in the domain literal format (user@[0.0.0.0]). Mailservers are technically required RFC1123 5.2.17 to accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP addresses. Not accepting domain literals can make it more difficult to test your mailserver, and can prevent you from receiving E-mail from people reporting problems with your mailserver. However, it is unlikely that any problems will occur if the domain literals are not accepted.

mail.collingswood.k12.nj.us's postmaster@[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx] response:
>>> RCPT TO: <postmaster@[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]>
<<< 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for postmaster@[xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back