Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMSlogon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad21

Technical User
May 20, 2002
US
Ok my question is about the smslogon folder share created on the primary sms server. I have remote install enabled for the client installation method, and it "should" be creating a smslogon folder to share out. Well this is not the case. However a client bdc had the smslogon folder created, and the primarary sms server still does not have one of its own. So i simply made the SMSlogon folder myself and copied the files from the other bdc to the sms bdc.

Only 6 computers show up on a 100 computer subnetwork, and only one of those shows up as being installed as a client. This is the real problem. But since this is a farely small network I wouldn't mind going around running SMSMAN.exe on all the computers. But since the smslogon folder i created on the primary sms server was essentially just copied from another, it is not working properly. It will install the components but under sites it will show nothing.

How do i get the smslogon folder to be created on the primary sms server the way it is supposed to?

Ok I meant that the client installation method of Logon Discovery was also enabled, becuase that is what creates the smslogon folder. Can anyone help me?

Ok, I have done massive amounts of research on this, and to remove and reinstall the smslogon share you should;

1. Uncheck your windows logon discovery method, as well as your windows network installation method.

2. Verify that under you sites components NTlogon discovery, and NTlogon installation have been removed.

3. Check your windows logon discovery method, as well as your windows network installation method again, and verify that they are started and installing site status/components.

I have done this. The SMSlogon folder is created on all dc's exept the primary sms site server! No documentation was available for this, or atleast in the 3 books i have on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back