Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS will not run batch file to map drive on client PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

99strat

MIS
Dec 26, 2001
US
I need to map a drive on 400 client PC's. I have created a simple batch file to map the drives, and an SMS package to distribute it. The package arrives and the batch file runs, but the drive does not map. I have tried using an SMS installation account, and I have tried using a "specific drive letter" in the program...no go! I have also tried using the SMS installer to create a script that copies the batch file to the client's "c:\temp" directory then executes the batch file. This copies the file to the client, and runs the program, but again no mapping.
Have you ever seen this and do you have a solution.

Thank You,
Fred

Why not do this drive mappings with LOGON SCRIPTs? When the user logs out, they will lose the mapping unless you specify PERSISTANT mapping. Also, I would guess that user rights might be preventing the drive to be mapped...are you sure the user has permission to map the drive? I don't think you can use SMS to map the drive and expect the drive to always be mapped. (However, I'm not too sure) Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

We have clients map drives all the time using cmd files. At the start of the cmd we issue a net use command to map to the particular network share. We also specify to use the NT Client software installation account in the program properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back