Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS v bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

Will sms ver2 sp2 run to several different sites with the following links: INDN 64k, ISDN 128k, and Kilostream

We have a sms server in our admin unit and we wish to run audits on and software distribution to other remote locations. Is this possible and if so will it run like a dog due to our bandwidth?

If it can’t run can anyone give me an implementation that will e.g. do I need a sms server in every site?

Thanks for any help
Pedro

I haven't had to use it over any slow wan links but you can schedule it to run discovery & inventories during off hours, if that term applies to you. As long as your users leave their machines on you can even push software at night. Bandwidth during the day shouldn't be a problem unless you try to do something like software metering which supposedly will hammer even the fastest of networks.

Good luck, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back