Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Site assignment Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJC148

Technical User
May 14, 2003
GB
Hi,

I've installed SMS2003 on a server and sent down and installed the clients on a couple of test machines.

however in the advanced tab on the client machines so site is assigned, and when i try to discover one i get the message 'Automatic Site Code Was Unsuccessful'

Can anyone suggest a reason why they are doing this, and how i can resolve it?

Thanks

extend the schema. Look in the locationservices.log and clientlocation.log on the client to see if something stands out to you.

Hi, thanks for the response i managed to put SMS on another server and then sort it by adding the site code in the advanced tab instead of using the auto feature.

Using ConfigMgr (SMSv4) I'm having issues imaging with machines that are pulling a IPv6 link-local address. Is that conflicting with the mac address in the que? all i get is no task sequence available but no error code? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back