Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sms service manager does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfej

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
US
Something is wrong with my sms installation. SMS Service manager will not start. Relatedly, under component status in the SMS Administrator Console, I have a critical message indicating that something is wrong with the SMS_Executive, but I am unable to view related messages as they will not open. Even though something is wrong with it, the SMS_Executive appears to have been started.

Is there any way to fix this other than uninstalling the whole thing and reinstalling?

Well, perhaps this was too elementary a solution, but I installed SMS sp 4 and this has fixed these two problems.

But can someone please tell me how to distribute a package? I have an executable file that I wish to distribute to clients, but I am apparently not doing something right. I have tried multiple ways of pushing this file to the client, but it never shows up at the client. How do I do this, please?

Wolfej,

1.you need to put the files you want to push in the package.
2.you need to specify under the package, the program you want to run.( most likely the .exe file)
3.you need to assign distribution points.
4.you need to go to the advertisement tab and set the schedule.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back