Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Reports for Versions of Adobe Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadonn

Technical User
Sep 25, 2000
CA
Hello, I am hoping someone might be able to assist. I am looking for a report where I can enter the version number of Adobe Acrobat. Or a report to distinquish between the version of Adobe Acrobat. When I run a report I can see all versions and sometimes it is listing 3 or 4 times for the same user.

I am new at SMS and do not know sql as yet so I am hoping someone has created a report. Ultimately I would like to run report to see who has what version of Acrobat i.e, 7, 8, 8.1. etc.

Thank you.

Cat

Here is a query that I use (you can use it for different software as I've put in a prompt for the executable):

select distinct SMS_R_System.ADSiteName, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileVersion, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FilePath, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileSize, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ModifiedDate, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.CreationDate, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileDescription, SMS_G_System_LastSoftwareScan.LastScanDate from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile on SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_LastSoftwareScan on SMS_G_System_LastSoftwareScan.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName like ##PRM:SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName## order by SMS_R_System.Name

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Hi sorry about this - I tried this but it is not working. I copied/pasted your query into a new query. I can right click and select run query, then a dialogue box pops up asking for version number. I can add Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional 7.0.0 or 7.1.0 or any variation or even just Adobe. But nothing happens at all?

What am I doing wrong please.

Thanks.

Cat

The popup does not ask for a version number, it asks for an executable. You must enter the name of the executable i.e AcroRd32.exe

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Sorry my mistake - this worked like a charm a huge heartfelt thank you.

Cat

I would find this report very useful, but when I cut and paste it into a new report window, it won't save the report saying:

[42000][170][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 3: Incorrect syntax near '##PRM:'.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back