Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS MMC via 2003 Terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

grshpr

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
We have an issue that has us stumped. If I set up a stand alone windows XP PC, with a user who has no admin priveleges, I can get a SMS Admin console to connect to the Site server with no issues.

If I attemp the same thing on a Windows 2003 Terminal server, I get a connection fails. If I add the test user to Domain Admins group, then everything works fine.

The Terminal Server is 2003 SP1 with R2. The SMS server is 2003 SP1 with R2 and a SQL 2005 DB installed on the same server as SMS. Any ideas?

Have you tried just dropping the user in the SMS admins group on the local SMS server?

Ok, so I found out my problem... I had to add my user (or in this case the AD Group) to the Distributed Com Object group on the SMS server. It makes total sense, but without any benefit of classes or admin guides (yes, I am installing and configuring this blind) it just did not register that I needed to add the group there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back