Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Mirror driver - screen blinking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVSD

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
CA
We are seeing an issue that I am at a loss to explain. Users are reporting seeing their screen "blink", that is turn blue or black (depending on who reports) then coming back on again (similar to but a lot faster than an explorer exe crash). Also, the cursor may or may not be where it was when the blink occurred, as well if you were in Word then when it comes back you could have Word minimized and have one of your other windows opened. This is happening with a cross section of computers and everything that I can find points to a drivers issue, but we have not updated drivers lately, I have done adware and virus scans. The only thing that has changed is that we have installed the updated version of the advanced SMS client with SMS mirror driver. If my understanding is correct then the mirror driver takes over from the normal driver. The entire network is 2003/XP SP1, we use Citrix MFPS3, McAfee 7.1 and 8.0 (issue has occurred with both versions), Office 2003 SP1.

I have noticed that when you connect to a desktop using the remote tools that the screen flickers a bit and your mouse will move on you. I am grasping at straws, and I think I am down to my last straw. Anyone else seen this, have any ideas?

This has been resolved. We had packaged an update that contained a bunch of MS updates and sent it out to all computers. It seems that part of that update package was not applying correctly and each time it tries to initiate the install the users screen blinked as the program failed. The issue disappeared once I unadvewrtised the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back