Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Installer Script to Remove Novell Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpoandl

MIS
Jun 23, 2000
US
Hi,

I would like to use SMS Installer to develop a package to remove the Novell Client for Windows NT.

Does anyone know how to automate the removal of the Novell Client for Windows NT. We are using both Novell Client 4.7 and 4.8

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Should be able to script a package based on the uninstall option of the Novell client.

Problem is the Novell uninstall usually does not restore the correct network settings after uninstall.

Not a lot of help. Good Luck
Mike

SMSMike,

Thanks for the help. I have tried several times to use the SNAP-SHOT method in the SMS installer to create a Netware client removel package. It seems to work for the most part, but after the package runs, the network binding show as disabled. I think this happens because the snap shot method can not address network bindings to specific network cards.

Therefore, I gave up on the snap-shot method. I have been trying to use NCIMAN ver 4.8. It seems like you can fake-out the script so that you REMOVE the client rather than installing it. This method seems to be working. I still have much more testing.

Instead of using NCIMAN.exe, is there any other NetWare client removal software?

Thanks again.

Dont know about the Novell client removal utility; but to do a rebinding of the protocols run the Runncpa.exe program from BackOffice SNA Server. This could be added to the script. Regards Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back