Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS in Citrix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is there a way to get SMS agent to install on clients which use Citrix. If anyone has experience with trying this any help provided would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you looking for distribution to users through Citrix? If so, I would recommend you look at Citrix's new XPe product, which has some nify installation management services to deliver packages to your Citrix servers and then automagically gets the client profiles configured. You could also use SMS to do that but the smarts of getting the client profiles enabled would have to be a separate configuration.

If you're talking to Win32 desktops that happen to run the Citrix client for some applications/tasks, the SMS client should install fine, although my experience is limited to SMS clients that also have the MS Terminal Services Client installed.

Hope this helps,
Mike Farnsworth

run the setup from the I386 folder on the SMS package as setup.exe /nohyracheck.
I thing that's right. It is in that form. No Hydra check.
Microsoft's web site may have something on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back