Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Distribution of a package for Software updates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Aug 11, 2006
US
I have a package created that has all the specific updates I need to install. Advertisement is created, collection is setup etc... all the basics for getting a package deployed. My problem is, I am distributing a package(Updates) to my server and the logs say all successful. But the Server does not get the newly selected updates installed. No errors, all with success. Can any person help me troubleshoot this anomaly.

Thanks to all..
MT

The updates are MS06-040 (KB921883), MS06-041 (KB920683), MS06-042 (KB918899) MS06-043 (KB920214), for MS Server 03.

The package will distribute to a new server but will not distribute to a server that has had the package ran before the added updates. Ex I ran the update on a new server with out any exceptions. With in the logs it says "Software Updates Installation Agent 11270 Restart of the computer is required in order for newly installed updates to take effect." On the existing servers, they just say successful.....Does the package need to be setup to insall newly selected updates...do i need to setup a new Advertisement...? any help would be mutch appreciated...
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back