Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS creating multiple bootacct profiles when attempting install

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcmh

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
US
I have a mobile user that SMS created 280 bootacct profiles on a Win2K system and it still does not record in the Administrative console that the client is installed on his PC. Any suggestions or help in this matter.

I would look for the client log files. It might tell you what is going on. C:\Winnt\MS\logs

What service pack for 2K and SMS are you using?

Is the client installed properly on the client machine? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the client (I would do this if you have only noticed this type of problem on one machine.) Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

the machine is running SP 1 for win2K - the SMS server is SP3. The client is not successfully installing on the machine. SMS seems to be hitting this machine at each discovery time and just creates a new profile instead of installing successfully.

I have removed the client and let the SMS server reinstall the client itself and it seems to be ok.

This is not an isolated incident - it seems to be happening on the Win2K machines only but not all of them

It sounds like you have automatic NT install enabled on the SMS site server. (We don't have this turned on...and we also do not have the issue you describe) I think the Automated install might have something to do with your problem.

Check the client logs, they are very informative. I think by reading the client SMS logs, you will gain some insight as to what the problem is... Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back