Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Clients not showing up in collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mweible

MIS
Aug 5, 2004
US
I am running SMS2003, A few days ago I had 1300 clients reporting. Then I noticed Yesterday that there were only 350. Today, there are 30. Something is not right... We have approx. 1300 clients out there... The hard part is that there is another admin. who swears he hasn't changed anything... Any ideas what could have been changed to cause the client number to drop like that?

Thanks,
Mac

Did your site boundaries change? Are you using AD containers as site boundaries? If so, did they change?

Yes we did... We recently restructured AD... But our site boundaries are set by subnet..
Are you thinking the AD restructuring may be the cause?

If so, what needs to be done to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Mac

If all your site boundaries and discovery methods are by subnet, then your AD restructuring should have no effect. Could you clarify what you mean by "clients reporting"? Does that mean they are no longer in your collections? If that is the case, then check your discovery methods and make sure none of them are pointing to any of your old AD groups/OUs.

They are showing up in collections... but they are showing that the client is not installed. Today the number is 75. Why are 75 able reporting correctly but the rest are not... it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Hmmm. YOu have me stumped, then. I don't know why that would change. Sorry...

Good news... My company allowed me to spend the $245.00 with Microsoft to get a solution. Tool Kit 1 & 2 comes with a utility called CCMDELCERT For some reason, probably due to the hardware switch, the clients did not recognize the certificate on the server. Once ccmdelcert was ran and the services were restarted, my clients started showing as insatlled again. Now we show 1500 clients installed.

Thanks for giving it a shot.
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back