Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Client not being assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2004

MIS
Nov 30, 2003
DE
I have a Windows 2003 Server, running SQL Server SP3 with SMS 2003. I am able to discover the clients using the AD Discovery using both the AD Site and IP Subnet. The problem is that the client push wizard will not install the sms client to my other two machines, 2000 and XP. Even if i right click on the machine and choose install client it does not work. I am using an account that is included in the domain admins and the sms groups under the connection accounts for the clients. The clients are showing up as not being assigned to the site. I can manually install the advanced client and it will show up as being assigned and the client version but shouldn't i be able to push this after they are discovered. I have right clicked and updated the membership and chosen refresh and still nothing new. Does the set up of WINS play into this? Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

I am having the same issue, have you been able to resolve this?

Thanks,

Aaron

You will have to get the clients assigned before the push wizard will work. Open up AD Sites and Services, click on subnets and check that you have defined you subnet in there.

Master of Disaster.....Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back