Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Client Account keeps locking out

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy36

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2002
SE
I have recently re-installed my entire SMS site as the original primary site crashed. I therefore re-installed SMS2 SP4 on a new W2K server as primary and re-installed all secondary sites with SP4 on W2K removing previous secondary sites. I use the same client connection account on all sites as this is how it was previously configured however the account keeps getting locked out. I have removed and added the account to all components again in case I had made a password error but same problem. Any ideas?

If you are using the default installed connection account, SMS Manages the password on that and unless you have also reinstalled all of your clients, then they have the old password and are causing the account lockout.

The recommended solution to this problem -- before the problem happens :) is to add another account to the Connection Accounts. This account would be one where you manage the password, therefore, it doesn't change between reinstallations of the primary site.

The only solution at this point is to uninstall/reinstall the client on the machines. You could do this using newuid.exe and psexec.exe to push newuid to the machines. Of course, using newuid will destroy any history that you have created in your SMS System. So if you want to keep the history, I wouldn't recommend that solution.

Scott Pascoe
MCSE, Planned IT Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back