Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Apps Not Deploying

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEngles

MIS
May 21, 2003
AU
Hi Guys, I'm a long time watcher, first time poster. I'm fairly new to SMS, and was wondering if one of you fine people could help me out.

I'm using SMS 2003 SP2, with SQL 2005 SP2. I've finally set up the thing, but I'm having trouble deplyoying apps to collections. It appears in the workstation computers Add New Programs, but when I select the app and click add it comes up with the error. "This program cannot be run because the program files are currently unavailable". I checked the event log and it's thowing up "The content for the package "APP00006" -"2" could be located. This SMS client will no longer attempt to locate this contemt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
JEngle

Can you list your package and advertisement configuration?

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Has the package been pushed to a distribution point? Do you have your subnet boundaries configured properly?

ncotton: sorry, but I don't know what your asking.

mib147: yes it's been pushed to a ditribution point, and my site bounaries are set to the domain.

Check the cas.log on the client.

Does the user have admin rights on the box to run the package?

Check the locationServices log to make sure it is seeing the MP / DP

yes the user has admin rights.

The cas.log is saying that No matching DP Location found, but the locationservices.log is finding the Management Point.

Are you using a protected dp if so, did you set a boundary on it?

I've rebuilt my test server in the hopes that all would be fine second time around. But I'm still having this problem.

After checking the execmgr.log, I notived that it's coming up with the error.

IsNetResourceAccessible failed with error code 0x00000005
EnterRsRunningState failed to run script msiexec.exe ALLUSERS=2 /m MSIOFR30 /i "chemdraw.msi" 0x800008107
Non fatal execition error 0x800008107 encountered for Program Per-system attended.

Acording to the CAS.log, it can find the DP no problem. What else can I check to see what's causing the problem!?!

Who would have guessed from the error that it was a rights issue.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Cheers,
Johan

JEngles:

You mentioned it was a rights issue. What permissions did you modify to get this to work? I am having the same problem here getting any programs to run on workstations.

I'd appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back