Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS & net time

Status
Not open for further replies.

joenok

MIS
Feb 27, 2002
US
Is there a way to have SMS force a NetTime command everytime a user logs in? I am familiar with the net time \\server /set /yes command but I am trying to run it on our pc's but I know there is an issue that if it's already ran once you have to recreate the package or ?. on my test machine, it's probably ran once now I can't get it to run again. Thanks for any help, I'm new to SMS but have played with Zenworks for Netware with luck.

the reason I want to use SMS is because all or our regular domain users don't have local administrator rights so we can't add it to a login script. I wanted to run this program with "administrator rights"

Thanks again!

it is very simple, prepare an Exe with smsInStaller script(.ipf) and run this as package with creating an Advertisement to all u r clients.

You may want to look into giving all your users the security right to change the local time. Then add use "net time" in a logon script. You can give all your users the security right by using NTRIGHTS.EXE. I believe it is a resource kit utility. I was able to apply the right to all our machines, over 5000, in less than a week; without visting a single machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back