Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2K3 Legacy Clients in Advanced Sec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnt25

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2003
US
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if it is possible to have SMS 2003 Legacy Clients in an SMS advanced security site?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Matt

Hi Matt,
The type of security does not affect the type of client you are using - to put it straight: Yes, you can run in Advanced Security and still use Legacy-Clients.

But keep in mind that SMS 2003 SP1 does only support Advanced-clients and that Advanced-clients need WinXP or higher.

Hope this helps you !

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,
So Win2k will no longer be a supported platform for the advanced client in SMS 2003 SP1.
I was not aware of that.
Thanks,
-Matt

Chris71, may I ask where you got the info about SP 1 no longer supporting legacy clients? I'm currently trying to distribute it to about 400 Windows 98 PCs (having some problems on some PCs), but I would hate to think they are cutting it out completely.

Matt:
No, I mean SMS-Advanced clients will support Win2000, WinXP and Win2003 - Sorry for not clearing this out !

Crobin:
As our company is part of the beta-program for SMS 2003 SP1 I was told this by our MS-consultant....

Cheers,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back