Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2003 report HTTP 500 - Internal server error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvanderjagt

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hello

When I try to run any of the SMS 2003 reports I receive a HTTP 500 - Internal server error. I don't think it is a permissions thing as I have the SMS virtual directory of my default website set to allow anonymous connections. I am not sure what else to look for. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

-Cory

Enable Session state for the SMSReporting_<site_code> virtual directory:
1) Administrative Tools\Internet Information Services Manager
2) Expand Web Sites\Default Web Site, right-click SMSReporting and
select "Properties"
3) On the General tab, click the "Configuration..." button, go to the
Options tab then check box "Enable sessions state

Tim B

i enabled the session state but continue receiving the error. one difference i have noticed is that when i try running the reports the following location is opened:
i do not have a SMSReporting_<site_code> virtual directory. my reports are pointing to the SMS virtual directory. however, when i look at the settings of this virtual directory they appear correct to me. reports.asp is set to be the default document.

any further suggestions? thanks for the help.
-Cory

Tim -

After a restart your suggestion appears to have worked. Thanks!
-Cory

ok i spoke too soon. the pages come up now but all of the content sections are blank. for instance if i go to the main reports page no reports or dashboards appear. if i go to a specific report, the frame results should appear in is a blank white square. any suggestions?

thanks!
-Cory

make sure that you are in the local SMS Reporting group on that server, and check all your rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back