Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2003 Access/Reporting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2005
US
Hi all,

I hope today finds you well and in good spirits.

I'm looking for some direction in tracking down a problem Using SMS 2003.

I have a domain controller and a single site SMS Server. The SMS site appears to be working well with full functionality.

The problem:

Accessing the SMS management console I navigate to the Reporting area, open the folder, right click reports, right click a report, click run, click nwy-rt-sms-01 (My SMS server name) and then I'm prompted with a logon screen.

In the logon screen which is entitled "Connect to NWY-RT-SMS-01.CORP.DEMONSTRATION.COM" is NWY-RT-SMS-01.CORP.DEMONSTRATION.COM\Administrator.

If I fill in the password I receive a message as follows "Report 138 is unavailable. Either you do not have permissions to view the report or the report does not exist."

If I alter the Logon screen "Connect to NWY-RT-SMS-01.CORP.DEMONSTRATION.COM" by dropping the
NWY-RT-SMS-01 to read as follows CORP.DEMONSTRATION.COM\Administrator and type in the password, the report is generated automatically without any problems.

Does anyone have an idea how I can have the logon screen come up with CORP.DEMONSTRATION.COM\Administrator?

These servers (Domain Controller and SMS Server) are both in the domain CORP.DEMONSTRATION.COM.

I've probably overlooked a very simple solution. Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Best regards,

IggysFriend

This is your internet explorer security settings. Nothing to do with SMS. You can either drop your security level down. Or just allow anything coming from it's self.

Neil J Cotton
UCLan Ba-SYS Development and Project Manager
NJC Technical Productions
Software Development | Network Consultancy | Wireless Network Provissions
Member of the IETF CAPWAP Work Group

I think also, if you add the logged in user that you run SMS with, and add it to the local group "SMS Reporting Admins" that should take care of it.

That is my educated guest, I never came across this problem so not checked it out

Neil J Cotton

sorry, the group is
"SMS Reporting Users"

Neil J Cotton

Hi all,

Thanks guys. Reset explorer settings and tested. No Prompt. Reset original settings. No prompt. How about that.

IggysFriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back