Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2.0 Query DST Patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viziony

MIS
Oct 16, 2007
US
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how I would running a query that would tell me if the DST Patch was installed on all the Windows XP machines here in the office?

KB931836 and KB933360

Basically my question is, how do I create a query that will find hotfixes and patches from Microsoft?

I am just wondering if i can find machines w/o the name "tzchange.exe" to verify if there are systems within our company w/o the dst patch.

Answer :

I used the canned query called "Filename Query"

Here is the code for the query :

select distinct sys.Name, sys.SMSAssignedSites, sys.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, sys.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, sys.LastLogonUserName, sys.IPAddresses, sys.IPSubnets, sys.ResourceId, sys.ResourceType, sys.AgentTime from SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile as swfile inner join SMS_R_System as sys on sys.ResourceId = swfile.ResourceID where swfile.FileName = ##PRM:SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName##

I guess I really didn't answer myself.

I would like to query the systems w/o the TzChange.exe file within windows/system32 directory. How would I go about doing that? Which objects and criterias would I select?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back