Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2.0 Client and IBM Client Access V3R2M0 for Windows NT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dur

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2000
DE
I have installed the SMS 2.0 SP2 Client, with remote control, on PCs where the IBM Client Access V3R2M0 was already installed. The installation worked fine, but when I rebootet the PCs I could not logon to the network again.<br>Sometimes it's possible to logon to the network when I logon as soon as the logonscreen appears. When I wait until all services are started in the background it's impossible.<br><br>I found out that this phenomenon appear when services which belong to IBM Client Access are started.<br><br>I deleted the following Client Access Services from the Registry and the logon problem disappered, although Client Access didn't work correctly.<br><br>The services are CWBNETNT, CWBRDR and CWBRDX.<br><br>Any help would be appreciated <br><br>

I had the same problems.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did not find a solution with that version that I tested.&nbsp;&nbsp;An option I have heard is to change the network access order in network properties, services tap and put Microsoft at the top instead of IBM.<br><br>I'm currently trying to get release 4 client express working, it doesn't use network priority, have had more success with logon, and seems to help the domain option that goes missing in the previous release. <br><br>Microsoft and IBM are supposed to be working on it.

I am having a similar problem. What happens is Ctrl_alt-Del takes a very long time to come up and when it does there is no Domain Line showing. If this is your problem, I have found that when I delete the following key from the Registry: HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cwbnetnt\NetworkProvider &quot;ProviderPath&quot;=&quot;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Shared\Cwbnetnt.dll”, the problem seems to go away.<br><br>The downside to this is that you can't browse AS400 in network neighborhood. There could be other issues, but I haven't found any others yet. I am still testing this. <br><br>

Check IBM site and download the service pack (SF64050) for that version.
We have the same problem and it`s solved.

I found that SF64050 is for V3R2M0.
Most of my client workstations are on Client Access V3R1M3. Is there a Service Pack that fixes the problem on that version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back