Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 1.2 Client cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrok

Technical User
Jul 10, 2001
CA
How do I remove the SMS 1.2 Client from a NT server, which is running SMS 2.0 SP3. When I try to connect to the server using the Remote Tools I get the following entry in the RemCrtl.log:
"Remote Control Installation starting.
Looking for conflicting products on an NT system
SMS 1.2 Remote Control client on workstation. Abandoning installation until after next reboot."

Thanks

Clicln.bat from the sms suportablily tools might do the trick. I should be in a folder called cleancli. How did get sms 1.2 client to be no a server with sms 2.0 sp3?

I thought I removed the SMS 1.2 before installing SMS 2.0. The server part was removed correctly, but the client wasn't and now when I try to use remote control it seems to be connecting using the 1.2 client.

When you remove SMS server from any box it does not remove the client. A SMS Server is also a Client to itself. Did you try the Clicln?. I know it works well with 2.0. You also have to remove some registry settings..

I tried Clicln. It seemed to work but when I reinstall the SMS 2.0 client everything gets installed except for the remote control (its status is: install pending...). So I must be missing something.

Did you remove all these files:
wuser32.exe
_wuser32.dll

In summary all wuser*.* files and reinstall the
remote control component. In some cases, the old
remote control SMS 1.2 are not removed by the batch...

Did you remove all these files:
wuser32.exe
_wuser32.dll

Did you remove these files??
wuser32.exe
_wuser32.dll

Was the NT Server an SMS 1.2 SP4 client? SP4 of SMS 1.2 was a rewrite of the Remote Control component, so I would suspect this. I think upgrading from non-SP4 to SMS 2.0 will not work, so you may have to start deleting lots of stuff to get this to work.

The 20clicln.bat package is intended for uninstalling the SMS 2.0 client agent, not 1.2.

The SMS 1.2 deinstall starts with this: \\%SMS 1.2 Logon Point%\SMS_SHR\deinstal.bat then you have to remove all of the dregs and reboot. You might look into some of the tools out on for deintalling 1.2 clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back