Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 1.2-- Cannot get Remote control to work in SMS Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff12

MIS
Jan 22, 1999
US
I have question regarding SMS 1.2:<br>
<br>
I have installed SMS 1.2 and SQL 6.5 that came with Backoffice and I am<br>
seeing the inventory, but every time I go to do a remote control of a<br>
client, the SMS admin screen closes down and nothing comes up. Any<br>
suggestions to what I am doing wrong or need to check? I am running SMS on<br>
the BDC with SQL 6.5 on the site server with one domain and with no routers<br>
over TCP\IP<br>
<br>
Thanks in aadvance<br>
<br>
Jeff Stein<br>
972-687-8557<br>

What Service Pack are you running on SMS and on Windows NT ??<br>
<br>
SMS should be on SP4 but after applying SMS SP4 you must re-install Windows NT Sp4 or your Remote Control will behave the same way you are describing. <br>
<br>
Also, check that in your client's c:\SMS.INI the remore comtrol options are enabled

I have gotten SMS 1.2 to work with service pack 3. I would suggest reinstalling SMS on the BDC and then reappling SP3.

To: Cypher and AMA,<br>
<br>
Thanks both of you for your help, it worked. I applied the SP4 and now the Quick viewer works. However I d have another question. Why does it only work with some people and not others? It gives me a screen asking for a username and password when I click on remote control.

When it asked for username/password it means the workstation security is made so only the local account can access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back