Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SmonW doesnt start

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean01

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
GB
I have a problem on a symosium rls 5 on 2003 server. If i try to start the SMonW, it appears to hang for around 5 mins, and then sends out a message saying that the service has failed to start, please start manually.

Has anybody come accross this error??

Sean.

If your Symposium services are shut down, that will happen. Did you do a shutdown on Symposium services, or place them into manual?

The symposium is in full working order. this problem doesnt seem to be causing any other faults, and all call processing etc is working fine. I have tried rebooting the server, but this has had no effect.

Sean.

Are you loging on your server remotely? Or physically at the machine?

Are there any 3rd party services running on the SCCS?

I am having the same problem when terminal into symposium server(2k) and trying to open smonw. I check physically and able to open smonw there. When trying to terminal in and open smonw, it is not open on local.

You can only run 1 session of the SMonW at a time, so maybe there's another user logged in on the machine (either local or remote) who has this window open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back