Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Smile Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL1M1

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB

Anyone come across a problem when the PC Console (Smile)
for some reason they constantly come out of Night Service?

No time related nite settings on the switch and no operator error - Spooky.

Cheers !!

nope, we ended up taking a lot of those back out due to ghost problems.. same thing, comming out of night, or going into night with 4 att's still waiting for a call.. the consoles had to be booted. of course the ghost has a sense of humor, it always happened during the highest traffic... nothing like a we're closed ran 2 o'clock on a cust with 600 trunks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, I could claim overtime to meet up with the ghost or just await Nortel's response...Why oh why do Nortel not market their own in Europe ?

Keep smiling !!

Cheers!

Yes I can confirm, I've the same ghost !!!!in the building.

someone from nortel told me that all products used to go through 6 months of test with field trials. that may have been true, i have installed nortel beta software. but now if they test for 6 months there new stuff is out of date. so instead that send it to the field and let us beg them to write patches.. when the 3900 series came out, i had 100's of ghost ssc keys on my sets, in the scc 5000 range, couldn't out it, it was out of range, couldn;t use it.. three patches later, they went away.. in the mean time (post cut) we didn't add ssc keys...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks guys, as suspected seems to be common...Still awaiting Nortel's response via Ascom of course.

I'll let you know...So far they have suggested a cleaner or a distance problem (Eh!!)

Room is locked and all pairs are presented, 5 of them, 2TN's and 3Power..Not more than 200 metres away from the switch

Cheers !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back