Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR log to review user changes stations erc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfdzn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2013
CA
Is there any log in SMGR like CM list history?

If I change extension password in SMGR so need to see the long who changed it?

like" list history, kinda. IPTCM debug or audit log

Code:
[root@smgr.you.com iptcm]# grep -r "celine.dion" /var/log/Avaya/mgmt/iptcm|grep "Jun 30"|more

/var/log/Avaya/mgmt/iptcm/audit.log.3:<110>Jun 30 11:47:23 smgr.you.com CSM[4917]: -04:00 2015 015 1 com.avaya.iptcm | 1 com.avaya.iptcm.eps.lo
gging AU_IPT00031 Object "Station": Field "name" changed from old value "Christy, Thomas" to new Value "Stevens, Bob" on CM "cm3-Inventory" by user "
celine.dion" for endpoint extension "5555558547".
/var/log/Avaya/mgmt/iptcm/audit.log.3:<110>Jun 30 11:47:23 smgr.you.com CSM[4917]: -04:00 2015 018 1 com.avaya.iptcm | 1 com.avaya.iptcm.eps.lo
gging AU_IPT00032 Object "DisplayLocations": Field "LocationIndex" has been updated with Value "0" on CM "cm3-Inventory" by user "celine.dion" for endpoint ex
tension "5555558547".

So, the long answer is use something like Splunk to read syslogs and parse it out.

in /var/log/Avaya/mgmt/iptcm/audit.log is where the CM user changes are kept. In this case, it's telling you what SMGR user was being changed by SMGR admin user celine.dion.

For voicemail it'll be in /var/log/Avaya/mgmt/iptcmmessaging and for other things provisioned by SMGR - like SM or whatever else, it'll be in /var/log/Avaya/mgmt/WHATEVER_OTHER_SERVICE

SMGR's logging congiuration allows you to specify how many files of what size are kept on disk as well as letting you send that data via syslog over the network. That configuration can be different for any number of loggers within SMGR. There's loggers for everything it does. If you're just concerned about the ones of your admins where they make changes to end users, you'd make each file bigger and keep more of them - or pick those loggers to setup to send to an external syslog server to look through after the fact.

I'm not aware of anything simpler with SMGR. If you used Kurmi or Voss or some other over-the-top provisioning tool, it'd be in the box.

I do.see sip extension changes, however I don't see the other cmmchamhes like.agrnt id updates from SMGR , communication manager, call center, agent id

Is there anything else I need to enable from SMGR log settings?

Should be able to find changes via the Web interface.

Services - events - logs - log viewer

Click ADVANCED SEARCH. In the search window, put in MESSAGE CONTAINS XXXXX

where XXXX is whatever you're trying to find that was changed (i.e. the ext number)

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back