Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR call return to CM if trunk to Vocalcom is down or out of service

Status
Not open for further replies.

amranbaluchi

Programmer
Aug 29, 2015
OM
hello guys,

I am having Avaya CM 7.1 I've created a trunk from SMGR to Volcalcom for the call center setup, the client has requested us if the trunk is to Volcalcom or the trunk is out of service, the calls should forwarded to an external GSM number or any other number, how to achieve this?

@ZeroZeroOne

thanks for your quick response, but in my scenario, the calls have been routed from CM to the SMGR and then from SMGR to the Volcalcom, now in this setup how the SMGR send the calls back to CM once the trunk to Vocalcom is down, this is my worry, but again i will the document which you shared.

Route the call to using a vector. If the call fails to route, then the call will drop down to the next step and continue processing. You can then redirect the call as appropriate.

@jimbojimbo

you are correct my current setup is going through the vector already, step x goes to the SM trunk which is directed to Vocalcom, but how does the vector know if the first step which is the SM trunk is out of service, then it will reroute to the second setup this is where i got stuck.

amranbaluchi,

You'll need to set up primary and secondary Entity Links in Session Manager. When ASM senses the link to Vocalcom is down then calls will automatically route over the secondary link back to CM where you can direct the call to an outside line. The document I referenced explains that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back