Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR - Adaptation Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan656

Vendor
Mar 6, 2009
US
I am was successful in adding delete digit in adaptation and changing IP to domain names in "To=" field. I cannot change this in the "for:" field it does not delete the digit and sends to the wrong dial pattern route. How do i update the for to remove digit as well?

You need to think in terms of "Inbound" and "Outbound". The Adaptation sits between Session Manager and the other server, such as an SBC, and makes changes based on the direction in relationship to Session Manager. You can find this information in the SysMgr Help:

fromto: If set to true, the adaptation modifies From and To headers of the message. If omitted or set to any other value, From and To headers are not modified.

multipartMIMEsupported (MIME): (Optional) This adaptation applies to the egress processing only. If the parameter is present and set to no, then multipart MIME message bodies will be stripped on egress from Session Manager. If the multipart MIME message contained an SDP message body, it will be inserted as the only message body in the outgoing message. If omitted or set to any other value, message bodies will not be modified.

EGRESS Domain Modification Parameters
[ul]
[li] overrideDestinationDomain ( can be abbreviated to odstd): {parameter #1 if not named}, replaces the domain in Request-URI, To header (if administered), Refer-To header, and Notify/message-summary body with the given value for egress only.[/li]
[li] overrideSourceDomain ( can be abbreviated to osrcd): replaces the domain in the From header (if administered), P-Asserted-Identity header and calling part of the History-Info header with the given value for egress only.[/li]
[/ul]

INGRESS Domain Modification Parameters:
[ul]
[li] ingressOverrideDestinationDomain ( can be abbreviated to iodstd): replaces the domain in Request-URI, To header (if administered), and Notify/message-summary body with the given value for ingress only.[/li]
[li] ingressOverrideSourceDomain ( can be abbreviated to iosrcd): replaces the domain in the From header (if administered), P-Asserted-Identity header and calling part of the History-Info header with the given value for ingress only.[/li]
[/ul]​

Let's say Company has an SBC that is connected to a Provider. The provider wants to see the IP address of their router (10.10.10.1) while Company wants to use the domain company.com. You would then set up your Adaptation something like this and assign it to the SBC SIP Entity

Adaption Name: SIP Provider
Module Name: DigitConversionAdapter
Module Parameter Type: Name-Value Parameter

fromto = true
iodstd = company.com
iosrcd = company.com
odstd = 10.10.10.1
osrcd = 10.10.10.1

To change digits in the "TO" and "FROM" fields you enter that information in the sections marked Digit Conversion for Incoming Calls to SM and Digit Conversion for Outgoing Calls from SM depending on if you are converting digits sent to the provider (FROM SM) or from the provider (TO SM).

I hope that helps.

Ok i have fromto = true, iostd = company.net and iosrcd = application.company.net. I then have DG for incoming calls to SM set to MP = 8300 min/max =10, Delete =1, addr to mod = destination.
I get the to=<sip:300...company.net> so i know the 8 is removed. but then in the for: has sip:8300 is displayed no matter what i do for DG for out calls to SM (MP=8300, min/max=10, delete=1, addr to mod = i tried destination and both, but still no change to the for: sip:8300

Perhaps some examples. These first two pics show the changes to domain name.
Adaptation1_lrvrac.png

Adaptation2_hv6dhl.png

Sounds like you have the Incoming Calls to SM working. Take a look at this example for Inbound and Outbound.
Adaptation3_b8yfii.png

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back