Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR 7.1 adding elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

cal3500

Technical User
Jul 23, 2015
US
Has anyone found a good document on adding each individual element like aes to system manager?

Not really. System Manager does too much to flow-chart out every possibility.

What exactly do you want to "add" about AES? You could mean getting it a SMGR signed certificate to offer TSAPI clients like a call recorder. You could mean associating it to a Presence server for it's unified desktop capabilities of knowing when H323 phones go on or off hook. You could mean the virtual machine provisioning and management part of AVP on an Avaya provided server.

Those steps are more in the documentation for those specific workflows. What are you trying to do?

The System Manager Administration Manual has information on adding a couple of items but most applications are not clearly defined anywhere. You might find information in the individual product guides. If you look in the System Manager Administration Guide and the application deployment and administration guides and don't find anything I suggest sending a documentation request to infodev@avaya.com. The person they have in charge of it now is not very responsive but I have gotten a few things fixed.

thank you both i'm trying to add aes as a manged element for certificate and management purposes. ive looked at both the ASMGR and AES documents but it very confusing.

I don't think that makes much of a difference - having it as a managed element or not. I think it has more to do with peering off a Presence Server and a CM and a AES for configuring "how to get Presence Server A the status of Cal's TDM phone on CM A with AES A"

As far as I've seen, the certificate signing request stuff for AES is all manual or via SCEP and that configuration in AES is independent of how System Manager is set up for managed elements. To say, I've done the AES cert stuff before without it explicitly being a managed element and having it be a managed element didn't change the procedure one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back