Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMG1000E installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
I have the chassis
I have a CPDC card for a follower SS
I have a CPMG for the Call Server/Leader SS/MG
I have a security dongle assigned to the CPMG for the Call Server
appliation
I am trying to deploy the CC/SS/EM applicationa and the the first thing it asks for is the keycode. I was sent a keycode, but is has the Serial ID of the Main site and keeps telling me wrong equimpent type. I look in krs and the keycode for the SMG shows the correct hardware, but the listed serial id in the body of the SMG shows the serial ID for the main site.

Should I have a seperate keycode file for the SMG, even if it is a dummy 90 day file? Or am I missing something goofy here?

do you have an NWAY RMD? Seems like every time we do an upgrade they leave out the SMG software and just send the stuff for the main.

Mato' Was'aka

I got two USB drives with the order. One had the CS1000 Linux OS and Applications and the other was blank.

RMD on this is the USB correct? the FMD on the CPMG is for the load of the MG items and the hard drive is for the CS/SS applications, if i'm not going crazy.

I have compared the USB with an existing USB and the software load is the same. It has the CS1000 linux base and the base applications. Nothing specific to the SMG. I wonder if that was supposed to go on the blank USB drive?

I just checked the support site and there is not other software to download, as it relates to NWAY RMD. Am I correct in assuming that this would be a seperate linux application load? And should I get a SMG keycode for the system?

The cpmgs card should have come with to usb devices and a dongle, the usb device that your 7.5 software is on is also where your keycode resides.

nrsman - that is what I was hoping. I have looked through every folder on that thing and can find no keycode.kcd file anywhere on the usb drive. Am I correct in stating that the keycode file is still keycode.kcd?

The keycode is still kcd but you will need to look in the keycode folder to see it. If it's not there you will need to download it from the KRS and copy it into the keycode folder.

I guess my big question would be, since this is an SMG and not a Branch Office, I would end up replicating the database from the main system. But in order to get to a default database, I still need to deploy the CS application and load a "dummy" or 90 day blanket keycode.

They have not sent me any SMG software or keycodes, so I am in a holding pattern until they track that down. It is not on the support site.

The SMG software is the same as the main site, the keycode is the only thing different. Load a default database in the SMG then set up your Geo redundancy and replicate the database.

That's what I figured. This order has been horrible. First it was configured as a standard IPMG and I had to fight to get them to realize they messed this up, now an incomplete order on the SMG. I'm dying here.

Putting in for future generations.

The NTP that discusses how to set up SMG 1000E system is NN43001-507 "System Redundancy Fundamentals - Avaya Communication Server 1000"

Book explains in detail how to set this up and what you need to get this done.

How many people think the NTP should have been called "SMG1000E Installation and Commissioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back