Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR5 used on MICS installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaSig

Programmer
Aug 18, 2009
US
I have recently rewired a much older mics system to match extensions with the correct ports and removed all unsused ports. To my demise, the next day customer reported that they have lost call logging on their printer. They have an old SMDR5 connected to an ATA on one side and somewhere else on the other side. I assume the other line went to a digital port on the MICS but can not figure out where and also why it is connected to an ATA that is also connected to the MICS somewhere. I have managed to get access into the SMDR through a phone after wiring to a digital port that is one of 3 that was disconnected but still don't know how to test it to make the printer work after a call is made. Feature 9*2 tells me "Printer Problem". No manuel has been found other than SMDR6 and there is no mention anywhere of why this is going thru an ATA. ANY help at all is appreciated.
Thanks.

MamaSig

The SMDR5 should be wired directly to a digital station port, as you have done. It will not work behind an ATA.

"Printer problem" just means the SMDR5 doesn't see a printer or a PC running a terminal program. Wait a few seconds and you'll see the main menu.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Thanks Exsmogger.
So I have gone back everyday now to "tweak" to see if I can get a different result. From Mics, I have station 233 wired to SMDR on the Line side, which is connected to an ESI Phone BIll machine, and then goes to the printer. I can access the SMDR from any phone and when I perform a test print from the "Phone Bill" machine, it does print to the printer. I checked the connection with the cords and still no call logging. This machine is set to print every morning at 7am so I am not sure how to test it while on site. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

MamaSIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back