Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

itpphoneguy

Technical User
Dec 27, 2002
CA
Has anyone been able to connect to a Partner system using something like Hyperterminal to capture SMDR data? I have to correct adapter and the correct setting as I recall. (8N2 from memory). I would like to connect a system to a server to catch the data in real time. There are two locations that would like to do this.
Thanks,
-Chris

Hey Chris.
I'm assuming you went into #608,609,610 to change the parameters as needed. You can set 24 digits for dialed numbers in 610. Are you not getting any output? Make sure your at 1200 baud in hyperterminal. Also set the port to do Xon Xoff handshaking. DO NOT use auto detection in hyperterminal. ANSI Terminal Emulation works best for me in most cases, but you can use VT102 also. Also, once you get an output on the screen (make a 30 second call and hang up to test), you must activate a ASCII capture to file in the Transfer Menu.

Hi jonvine,
Thanks very much for that. I had auto detect on. I'll try again with it off. :)
-Chris

Chris,

1200 baud, 8N2, XON/XOFF should pass call record traffic between your SMDR port and the according com port from your computer. I've tried a few others terminal programs with different features like capture and append to a output text file for example.

Let me know if it works for you.

Greg

I use 8,N,1,1200b, no flow control all the time to get SMDR.

Chris,

I wrote a script to work with Bitcom (DOS) that works with our e-mail program (Pegasus) to send me the SMDR report on a daily basis at midnight. If you are interested, let me know and I will send it to you.

Joe Graves

Hey John,
That sounds cool! Would you please send it to
bhome@sympatico.ca . I haven't had the time to try connecting to the system yet, belive it or not.
Thanks a million,
-Chris

Hello, I have been reading this post and decieded to try connecting a 355A adaptor to my laptop and the SMDR port on a partner system via cat 5 cable and can not get any data using hyperterminal with the setting recommended by "mrpeabody" but no data apears. Can someone please point me in a direction on why I can't recieve data?

Thanks for the reply, I tried what albe stated and still have no data.

The system is a Partner Plus r 4.0 if that matters.I'm using a cat 5 straight through cable.

Is there any thing else I can look into?

Thanks for the help it seems I had a bad cat5 cable that was causing the issue. I have a Partner Plus and used 1200 baud, 8N2, XON/XOFF and it works perfect. Wow, this is going to make tracking in real time a breeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back