Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR record format needed for kx TD,TA 1232,616,816 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafi

Programmer
Apr 19, 2001
RO
My employer asked me to make an application that reads the SMDR logs from multiple Panasonic Systems (not all at the same time:) )

The problem is that i have only an old model EASA 616 that I was able to read and parse without problems.

So I surfed the web and finally i found the installation manuals for TD1232,816E, TD612E,ta1232,ta624.

The only problem is that there is no information regarding the actual size of each field in the record, just the general field names and a couple of records in pdf which i cannot use in order to determine the parsing method.

One way can be using regular expressions, but is not the best solution since there are cases in which for the dialnumber for instance you can have almost any combination of digits and letters.

So i would need some "explained" record rows with the separators and stuff like that.

I also noticed that for TD500 it is very well explained how the record is divided - the size of the row is specified.

That is what i would need if possible: the fields` lenght and also the row lenght.

Thanks in advance.
Bogdan

Capture some data from the PBX with Hyperterminal and count the spaces. I wrote call accounting software using this method, when I found that some manuals were inaccurate/incorrect.

Hi,

Well i did more than that since I have my own app that reads that info. The problem I have is that I have just ONE system, an old EASA 616.

Oh, I see. Sorry. Your going to have to find a way to get your hands on systems that are being used by companies. You have to do this anyway to beta-test your software. Does your boss want to sell this program? If, so go to a local Panasonic Dealer and offer them a deal. You can cut them in on the profits, and they can provide you with a existing customer base to test, and eventually sell to.

Hope this helps.

P.S. You can also buy my software(hehe)

ok, thanks but no thanks LMAO

can u send me that td500 format description or at least tell me where to find it?

thx

rene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back