Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR doesn't transfer to computer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxmunkel

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2007
US
I have a WinXP box set up that is working perfectly for capturing the SMDR info. It's IP is set in Avaya manager, have a program running on the computer to capture the data in a text file. For obvious reasons I am retiring this computer, I cannot for the life of me get this running on another computer. Right now I am trying on Server 2008: change the IP in Avaya manager, install the software on the server and start the service, even opened a hole in the FW for port 13000, XP box didn't need that.

What am I missing, I have been working on this and searching for a few weeks....any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

is there a newer version of that SMDR software?

no, it is the Impertio software which seems to have gone away....

as a side note does anyone have Impertio products working on svr 2008 or win7?

It does capture the data, completely different format but it does grab it. At least I know the data is getting there and can be captured, the software I am using may not be able to do it though.

Was hoping to keep the same software as our Cost Recovery system is set to pull from it and it's existing formatting.

Thanks!

Maybe Dave Hope's free SMDR Logger may do the job for you.

Don't thank me if it works, thank Dave for the good work.

thanks all, finally got my current software working last night, took some serious tweaking. Knowing the data was getting there really helped!

On a side note this thread is acting weird, I received 2 notices of new posts last night but nothing is here....

Not so strange, there was a guy with a commercial advertisement of his software, someone redflagged it or the moderator removed it due to my comment on the advertisement

PS. I hate advertisers in a forum like this.
If someone has something to sell nomatter how good it is then there are many other ways to sell it

Thanks for the clarification, I knew you would know as it showed you responded after the other user. Thanks!

Ok, good for letting us know you solved the problem with your software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back