Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR 6 EXT to EXT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnava

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2005
US
Can the SMDR 6 give out information when you call ext to ext within the same system? If not is there a third party device that will?

SMDR will not do internal calls, and I know of no software that will on Norstar.

I'm not trying to pretend I know what I'm talking about and I could easily be misunderstanding Tapit's functionality but it just so happens I was researching SMDR for one of my branches and came across this: Tapit now supports station to station and transferred calls

I do see they support many phone systems as long as the system supports SMDR so it is more probable that Dewey is right and this doesn't work for Norstar but might for other systems. But I figured it's at least worth a click to see if it will do what you need.

Weird coincidence that I happen to see the post here while I actually had that Tapit page open in another tab!

Thanks for all the information. i thought that might be the case, but I was hoping that there might just be an alternative answer.If anyone has one I would love to hear it as I'm sure others would to.

That's good to know, but Tapit can only decipher what the SMDR will send. I don't believe the SMDR can detect internal calls.

Dewey's right. No format from the SMDR will display internal calls, only calls on a CO.

As he said, any software you use can only process data given to it. This may be available as part of Call Center reporting on the CP, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back