Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smbmount under aix

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh1978

Technical User
Jun 12, 2004
DE
Hello together,
can anybody help me? I have installed the samba-client via rpm on my AIX Server. The AIX version is 5.2. I need the smbmount command to mount windows shares on my AIX server. But after the installation there is no smbmount command installed. I have try to mount windows shares with the new cifs facillity. But this have a problem with windows domain users.

best regards

smbmount is for mounting Linux smbfs filesystems, and is hence a Linux-only command.

I'm not familiar with the cifs facility, but getting it to work sounds like your best bet.

Rod Knowlton
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert pSeries and AIX 5L

Hi,
with smbmount you can mount smbfs Filesystems but Windows supoortet smbfs too. Well, i can mount with smitty cifs_fs windows directory on aix but the cifs_fs don't supportet authentication with Windows domain user. The user name is restrictet on 20 signs. I search a way how i can mount windows directories on my aix server with authentication of windows domain users.

AIX 5L supportet the execution of linux binaries. You can install samba from the AIX Toolbox cd with rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back