Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMB24 module for 9611G phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronJL

Technical User
May 18, 2006
US
Good afternoon!
I have one SMB24 module that I am trying to get to work with an Avaya 9611G VoIP phone.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if the VoIP phone is on Power Over Ethernet, shouldn't I just be able to plug the SMB24 module in and it works?

ALSO, if I have a 9611G VoIP phone that is using an Avaya SPPOE power supply, what do I need to do to get the SMB24 expansion module to work? When I plug it into the 9611G, the VoIP phone says it doesn't have enough power.

Thank you!

There is a switch on the back of the phone labeled IEEE, you need to toggle that switch from 'L' to 'H'. Keep in mind, this will make the phone a Class 3 device and may not be supported on your PoE switch.

ACS - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony Implement
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional

love me some stars

The 9611 only uses the BM12 modules and not the SBM24 modules.
At least for the IP Office you cannot use them on those phones.
I guess that will be the same for CM.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Then i guess it is not supported on the IPO only.
They work but, for example, blf buttons do not work well.
The light will not light up but the button itself works.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

I flipped that switch to H and the SMB24 module is working. It lights up, the red lights turn on when a line is busy or in use, etc. Thank you very much for your help!

If we use this particular device on PoE, I will be sure to switch it back to L.

Have a great day, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back