Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SmartStart and Smart Array 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCMikeinLA

Technical User
Jul 24, 2005
US
I have a ProLiant 3000R that had (2) 9GB drives configured as a mirrored set in the internal cage connected to a Smart Array 3200. I decided that I wanted to start over so I shut down the system and replaced the (2) 9GB drives with new ones and tried to run SmartStart again to start over. It seems now that nothing recognizes the drives in the internal cage. I don't seem to be able to run SmartStart again because I keep getting an Error Code: 13 with the message that "The path or file could not be located for win.com". Any ideas how to start over. I can't seem to re-congure the RAID controller.

Have you booted off the SmartStart CD? The SmartStart F10 partition is stored on the hard disk, so by removing the old hard disks you will have to boot off the SmartStart CD and start afresh from there. SmartStart v5.5 or before should suffice for a PL3000

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I have tried to boot off the SmartStart 5.50 CD and it fails with the error message stated in the original thread.

on the cd - create the acu disks
boot from a floppy and run the acu

I created the acu disks and when I run the acu it tries to expand some files and says the disk is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back