Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Smart Start Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a compaq proliant 3000 which was setup using smartstart and is running sco unix operating system. I am wanting to erase it and load windows 2000 on it. My smart start cd has no option for windows 2000 - does anyone know if you can download a utility to upgrade to 2000.

Thanks

Claire

What version of the SmartStart CD are you using? It shouldn't really matter because once you have configured your array card and let SmartStart install the system partition, I always reboot and boot off the relevant operating system CD (in your instance, Windows 2000 Server). -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I really need a copy of smart start (1850r win2k)could anybody down it to me?

Here is a link to SmartStart Q&A's including a link to SmartStart Subscription Service.

As I was doing a little investigating I noticed an article which indicates an Known Issue with SmartStart v 5.4 and v 5.5 regarding a 4Gig limit and W2K using 18Gig drives. since you appear to going in that direction it may be worth while having a look

Have a Great Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back