Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Smart Start Error on Proliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

boz22182

Technical User
Feb 13, 2002
US
Each time I boot with the Smart Start CD I perform a <System Erase>, follow the setup steps to include misc stuff, array config (2 arrays, one 20GB the other 100GB), and make them logical drives. After reboot, files are copied to the system partition, another hardware discovery is performed and then I get an error message that there is insufficient space to install the OS. The OS requires 850 MB of space. Critical Error 45. Run Systems Erase.

I picked WIN2K-AS as my OS. I've run through it several times but dont see anything obvious. I'm sure its me, any suggestions.

tia, Boz

As much as I could find, nothing seems to be complaining. I did find another Win2K SP on the compaq website this am and even though is 5mBs and it will take several floppies (how quaint) I will try applying it. I also tried this morning to load NT server, thinking I would later upgrade to 2KAS and after making a driver disk and loading the NT setup floppies, the install was unable to find the CD Drive. I haven't been able to find a specific driver for the drive but you would think NT would find it on the SCSI bus. I know the drive works (Smart Start ran) and the install (NT) CD works on a different machine. After the last couple of days I'm considering going back to Linux :cool:

thanks,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back