Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Smart Array 3200 wont boot NT (even after reinstall).

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisonconsult

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2001
GB
Hi,
I have a Proliant 3000 with Smart Array 3200 controller 4x18Gb disks. 2 partitions 1 system (I can afford to trash this) and a data partition (this data must stay 100% intact). After changing the default locale on NT and a reboot later I got an error message about a missing file and to reinstall NT and repair. I did as instructed and when I boot my I'll get the following NT error message; "The system did not load because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem." and now I cannot get back into the server. I have tried to reinstall a new existence of NT and F6 the Compaq smart array drivers but still I get the same message all I simply need to do is boot into NT and pull all the data off the data partition onto another server then I can flat line the lot and start again any ideas how achieve this.
Any assistance much appreciated.
Regards
Mark

I am new to this forum, however, if all you need is your data prior to formating the server, I would try to install a parrellel copy of NT. Go into it that way, recover your data, which will all be there. You could at this point move the boot files about and continue using the original version of NT, and delete the one you parrelled, or start all over
Good luck, I have done this many times with 100% success
Brian McDermott

how can i find smart start cd? can u give advice to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back