Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SmallBusiness SMTP Connector Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICH3

MIS
Jun 19, 2003
CA
I am running some test migrations for SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I am at the step where it asks me to remove Exchnage Server 2003 Internet connectors from the source server. However I do not have a SmallBusiness SMTP Connector I have been using the default virtual smtp server for email. Do I have to remove the virtual server? I think Not but am second guessing myself.

I currently do have a smarthost entry forwarding email to my isp smtp servers. How will this cause a problem during migration?

It won't cause a problem if it's configured in the right place: if you configure it down in the SMTP Virtual Server Delivery area, it will screw things up when you try to migrate public folders or route mail between the two servers during the migration. If it's configured up in the Connectors area, you should be fine.

Dave Shackelford MVP
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back