Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small VPN solution needed ASAP!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroMan

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
CA
Hi Everyone,

I have two offices , each with DSL 1.5 MB connections, and their own DSL modem. I need a invisible tunnel between the two, and I'm not smart enough for Cisco stuff. There is a server only on one side, so I'll have to use a VPN box to create the tunnel. The Symantec 100 and 200 series look good... any thoughts on what brands to use, combos that are good...I need inexpensive if possible (who doesn't). We'll never have more than 3 pc's on the remote side!

Thank You Very Much!
Metroman.

I have not successfully done this, so take it for what it's worth. I have 5 clients with SonicWall Firewall Appliances. They are very reliable, and have a VPN option (costs extra). I also know that WatchGuard can do what you are looking for, and there are some very inexpensive DLink router/firewall/vpn boxes out there.

I tried Symantec's yellow box for a firewall solution, and had to return it immediately, it kept dropping connections.

Hey Guys,
Are there any reliable models of the Linksys; and there are two models: befvp41 and the befsx41 endpoint.... Which one would i use, and what's the difference?

Thanks!

Yes, you can do this with LinkSys BEFSX41 (or VP41). I've been talking about this very thing in the General Security discussion.

thread83-492522

I'll watch this post. Let me know.

I setup a 3 site vpn to each of the locations. Everything works great using the Linksys BEFVP41 router as it has a VPN endpoint so that's where it would be terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back