Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small problem with translation on an LSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniorj

MIS
Sep 18, 2007
GB
Hi, I have a remote site with an s8300 set up as LSP. During failover testing I discovered that every night when the translation is saved from our primary site (or if a save translation LSP command is entered) the ars fac and attendant fac for the location of this LSP are wiped blank, meaning if in LSP mode no one can make outbound calls (as ars fac field is empty) until the ars value is entered manually (change locations) when logged into the LSP. No other locations or data in the LSP (that I am aware of) are affected. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Thanks...

When you try to save translation on the primary server, the LSP do a reset system 4 once its translation have been updated. This is normal. When you try to do failovers it will the license for the LSP will activate and an alarm will be given by the LSP that he is in LSP mode and will RUN LIMITED features.

What is the chassis of your S8300? G700/G350/G250 or what? If you have an MM710 terminated on it you can try calling via that trunk or if you have CO lines terminated on it you can make a call.

Thanks Uzumaki. This LSP sits in a G700 which does have an M710 configured and a local T-1 connected. The route pattern set up for this location sends outbound traffic via this T-1. Problem is that on our primary S8700 that this connects back to, the ars fac for this location is correct (9 for outside line). For some strange reason, when the nightly save trans is run it blanks out this field (and the attendant fac) only for the location of the LSP and only on the LSP (data on the S8700 remains correct), all other locations retain their respective ars and attnd fac values. I can log into the LSP directly and add the 9 and 0 back in, but as soon as a translation is saved from the S8700 it is blanked out again. It is not a huge problem unless this site loses connectivity, in which it looks at what is there locally which is nothing until someone logs into the LSP and adds the ars fac back in on the location. So users get a denial event when pressing 9 for an outside line while the ars fac field is empty. Seems very strange to me, any further thoughts as to why this could be happening?

Naturally since you modified the configs on the LSP it will erase anything you've done once it accepts the translation from the primary controller.

What CM version are you running?

But before that i want you to do this command on all your servers. login to the CLI on S8700 (both Active and Standby) and S8300 via telnet command.

once logged into the CLI enter the following command. Do this command on the S700 active first, then standy then S8300.

/opt/ecs/sbin/filesync -st all

Where -s runs the command silently, and -t syncs the file only if it has changed.

Then perform again the link failure activity.

Just set the ARS FAC on the FAC screen and don't bother setting them on the location screen.

you need to make all your changes on the primary controller and not the LSP itself once finished perform a "save trans lsp". Think as it as one switch and you cant go wrong what version of CM are you running?

Thanks for all the responses. We are running CM 3.1.4. The suggestion to enter the ars fac in the feature-access-codes screen is a good one but unfortunately won't work in this case as we support sites in the US, UK, and continental Europe off our primary controller and the US and UK use 9 for an outside line, all of Europe uses a 0, so we have to set ars and attnd facs by location. I do make and save all translations on the primary controller, problem here is that the ars and attnd facs are correct for this (and all other locations) on the primary controller but whenever a save trans or save trans lsp is run on the primary controller it erases the ars and attnd facs on the lsp- only for the location of the lsp (all other locations reflect what is in the primary controller). Hope I've described the problem clearly. I will try running the command uzumaki has suggested, any other ideas? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back