Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

small office

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomravi

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
US
How can I set up a voicemail on a small office?
1. one pohne line.
i would like to have this line pick up after about 5 rings. and go to a mail box. this sys has about 5 stations. Can i make this got to one mail box on the sys??
This might sound basic but this is my first sys.
thank you for your help.

The SOE comes with Voice mail Lite its on the admin CD, this can be installed on any PC and will run as an application. this sounds like what you need.

There is a PCMCIA card Voice mail option

If you route the incoming call to a group then it will goto a voice mail box for the group

[cheers]

Thank you crashtest1000 that i ran the voicemail light but i aso have a pcmcia card. can i use this card without the voicemail light? how do i access the messages on the hunt group?

On the Manager under system set it to Integral and reboot. Turn off VM Lite on the PC best to de install

The PCMCIA card will take about 2 mins to start dial *17 to chek its workin

You can Build a shot code or access it from Phone manager.

Short Code example for a group called Main

Short Code *99
Dial ?Main
Line Group 0
Feature Voicemail collect

Phone manager
In the system manager for each member of the hunt group under source codes put HMain
Make sure show messages is turned on in on each users PC in the Pref tab on phone manager.
Stop start phone manager
Now you should have the group name in the message tab on phone manager. Double click on the group name to access and us the DTMF pad on PC or telephone to access and change mbx settings.

[cheers]

Note: It has to be an Avaya supplied Small Office PCMCIA card (actually a Compact Flash card in a PCMCIA slot caddy). Avaya do some special format header to the card memory so you can't just use any shop-brought card for embedded voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back