Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small inexpensive analog gateway recomendations for use with Avaya 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fataldata

Technical User
Nov 14, 2007
US
Anyone have any experience or recommendations on small analog h.323 gateways? I'm looking at the Audiocodes MP-112 as a potential solution to deliver an Avaya analog dialtone to a fiber optically served location.

MP-112

why not a g430 then at least you would be supported etc , or even a second hand g350 , with SLS programmed you basically have what you need a rock solid box and piece of mind

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I'll have to look at the costs and licensing but basically I only need one analog dial tone at this location and just like any business they are cheap. I'll start researching the g350 cost, but I imagine it would add to our annual maintenance expense. Right now I'm getting quotes to install a CAT6 or two as there is conduit to the location at about 500 feet.

You could look at products from Multitech. A multivoip box would do the trick. They register as H323 trunks or stations. I would really recommend a G430 though, its a bit more supported and reliable.

Go with an IP Office Branch 9.0 solution...

Depending on the design, this could be 66% less expensive than the G.4x0 approach.

Thanks,
98C

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

one analog and you have the ability to run copper via an existing conduit?...Do it

I'm waiting on a quote, but we will be installing the cable. The kicker was that this client's predecessor is the one who refused to pay to have copper run when they built this location in an effort to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back