Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Community Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlejon

Programmer
Aug 28, 2006
US
For basic SCN, do all sites need to be the same version.
i.e. Main Site - 406v2 (4.2.14) and all 4 remote site are SOE's (3.2.x). The main site was upgraded yesterday and now the remotes cannot extension dial each other.

LCR was replaced with ARS going from 3.2 to 4.X, could this be the problem? It shouldn't be but I don't know your programming :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I do not have any ARS entries for the remote sites - only line settings. Remote sites are 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, & 6xx. Should I put entries for each in the main site only. Do the remotes (still using LCR) need anything added too? Thank you for your help.

Calls can be placed to from a remote to remote, but the voice traffic does not go through.

what version was the main site upgraded from?

how is the SCN set up? do all the remote sites dial each other directly or through the main site?

sites dont need to be on the same version but scn functions are limited to the version of the lowest site.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

The main site was upgraded from 3.2.67
All calls went through the Main Site.
ARS's for 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, and 6xx were added to the Main Site w/ i.e. Code: 3xx - TN: . - LG ID: 3, etc.

Again, the calls ring but the voice traffic does not go through.

Routes from remotes-to-remotes could be added if needed.

do you have it set up as a star? each remote only has 1 trunk to the main?

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Deleted all previously added ARS entries and changed the IP Route on the remotes. Strange that it worked prior to the upgrade. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back